Using the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) integration gives you more flexibility as to how the email alert looks and the content it contains compared to the Email integration.
1. Navigate to Integrations in the FireTail platform. Select the Create integration tab.
2. Click SMTP Email integration.
3. In the My Integration field, enter a name for the integration.
4. Fill in the form:
- Enter a list of email addresses to receive notifications - Enter the email address the notifications will be sent to. To add more than one email address press enter after each email address you input.
- From email - Enter the email that the email will be sent from.
- SMTP Host - Enter the SMTP host of your email provider. For example, Gmail is smtp.gmail.com. Refer to your email provider's documentation for instructions on where to locate the SMTP host.
- SMTP Port - Enter the port that the SMTP server is using. Refer to your email provider's documentation for instructions on where to locate the SMTP host
- SMTP Username - Enter the email address.
- SMTP Password - Enter the password used to sign in to the email account.
- Email subject - The subject that will appear in the email. Can be edited as needed.
- Email body - The main content of the email. Can be edited as needed.
5. Click Submit.
The integration is created and listed under the existing integrations tab You can now select this integration as a notification method when you create an alert or create an incident.