Alerts can be created to notify you when the specified threshold has been reached. To receive an alert, first create an integration with Slack or Webhook.
1. Navigate to the alerts tab. Click Create Alert.
2. Fill in the following fields:
- Alert Name - Enter a name for the alert.
- Enabled - Toggle on or off.
3. Filters - You can filter what information is displayed on the alerts dashboard. A filter can contain a single condition or multiple conditions. There are various options you can select to filter by, such as response status codes, request path, tags and so on. Multiple filter groups can be added.
Click Add Condition to add any further conditions to the filter group.
Select Include or Exclude to determine if the requests displayed in the alerts dashboard must include or exclude the conditions defined in the filter group.
Note: If you select to filter by tags, the values field contains a dropdown of all possible tags to select from.
4. Add conditions:
- Threshold type: (Static) A value is used as the threshold.
- Whenever the request is - This defines when the alert is triggered. Choose from:
- Within the last - Select the time period from the dropdown. This is the time window for alert checks. The frequency of alert checks is calculated as a period divided by three. For example, if you select 6 hours, alert checks are made every two hours. This displays under the Runs every field.
- Throttle - When enabled, if the alert is triggered, the time entered in the throttle is the time period the alert will not trigger again. For example, if you select 600 seconds and you get an alert, you will not get the same alert until at least 10 minutes has passed.
- Grace Period - The number of seconds after creating the alert before you can receive an alert.
- Metric Name - Log count is automatically selected.
5. Notification Integration - This selects how you will get your alert notifications. Select an integration from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new integration. Learn how to create an integration here.
6. Click Submit.
The alert is now created and listed under the alerts tab. You will get alerts sent into the selected notification integration.