Alerts can be created to notify you when the specified threshold has been reached. To receive an alert, first create a notification integration.
A static alert uses a static value as the threshold to trigger the alert.
1. Navigate to Alerting on the FireTail platform. Click Create Alert.
2. Select the alert type of Static.
3. In the Name section fill out the following:
- Alert Name - Enter a name for the alert.
- Enabled - Toggle on or off. This enables or switches off the alert.
4. Click Next.
5. Filters - You can add a filter to the alert. A filter can contain a single condition or multiple conditions. There are various options you can select to filter by, such as response status codes, request path, tags and so on. Multiple filters can be added. To skip adding a filter, click Next.
Click Add condition to add any further conditions to the filter.
Select Include or Exclude to determine if the requests displayed in the alerts dashboard must include or exclude the conditions defined in the filter.
Note: Multiple filters can be added.
6. Click Next.
7. Add conditions for the alert:
- Whenever the request is - This defines when the alert is triggered. Choose the value from the dropdown:
- Than - Enter the threshold value.
- Within the last - Select the time period from the dropdown. This is the time window for alert checks. The frequency of alert checks is calculated as a period divided by three. For example, if you select 6 hours, alert checks are made every two hours. This is displayed under the Runs every field.
- Throttle - When enabled, if the alert is triggered, the time entered in the throttle is the time period the alert will not trigger again. For example, if you select 600 seconds and you get an alert, you will not get the same alert until at least 10 minutes have passed.
- Grace Period - The number of seconds after creating the alert before an alert starts.
- Metric Name - Log count is selected by default.
8. Click Next.
9. Notification Integration - This selects how you will get your alert notifications. Select an integration from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new integration. Learn how to create an integration here.
10. Click Next.
11. The Preview section displays a preview of the alert diagram.
Note: Click Back to make any changes to the alert before finalizing it, if necessary.
12. Click Submit. The alert is now created and listed under Existing alerts. You will get alerts sent to the selected notification integration.