1. Navigate to Alerting in the FireTail platform. Go to the Existing alerts tab and select the alert you want to make changes to.
2. You can update the following fields:
- Alert Name - Enter a name for the alert.
- Enabled - Toggle on or off.
3. Filters. Add new filters or edit existing ones.
4. Edit existing conditions settings:
- Whenever the number of request is - This defines when the alert is triggered. Choose from:
- Within the last - Select the time period from the dropdown. This is the time window for alert checks. The frequency of alert checks is calculated as a period divided by three. For example, if you select 6 hours, alert checks are made every two hours. This displays under the Runs every field.
- Throttle - When enabled, if the alert is triggered, the time entered in the throttle is the time period the alert will not trigger again. For example, if you select 600 seconds and you get an alert, you will not get the same alert until at least 10 minutes has passed.
5. Notification Integration - This selects how you will get your alert notifications. You can select a different integration from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new integration. Learn how to create an integration here.
6. Click Submit.