1. Navigate to the alerts tab. Select the alert you want to make changes to.
2. You can update the following fields:
- Alert Name - Enter a name for the alert.
- Enabled - Toggle on or off.
3. Add conditions:
- Whenever the request is - This defines when the alert is triggered. Choose from:
- Period - Select the time period from the dropdown. This is the time window for alert checks. The frequency of alert checks is calculated as a period divided by three. For example, if you select 6 hours, alert checks are made every two hours.
- Throttle - When enabled, if the alert is triggered, the time entered in the throttle is the time period the alert will not trigger again. For example, if you select 4 hours and you get an alert, you will not get the same alert until at least four hours have passed.
- Grace Period - The number of minutes after creating the alert before you can receive an alert.
- Metric Name - Log count is automatically selected.
4. Notification Integration - This selects how you will get your alert notifications. Select an integration from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new integration. Learn how to create an integration here.
5. (Optional) Add Filter Group. Add new filter groups or edit existing alerts.
6. Click Submit.