Setting up an integration between FireTail and Lambda enables you to connect an alert to Lambda. When you create an alert you will be able to select the Lambda integration you have created as the method of receiving your alert notification.
1. Navigate to Integrations in the FireTail platform. Select the Create integration tab.
2. Click Lambda Function.
3. In the My Integration field, enter a name for the integration.
4. You can either:
5. When using the template, select the Launch IAM role cloudformation template heading.
6. Log in to AWS. Then return to the FireTail platform.
7. Click Launch Cloudformation to launch the template. This opens in a new window.
8. Copy the value in the LambdaFunctionARN field.
9. Return to the FireTail platform. Paste the copied value in the AWS Function ARN field. Note: the existing value in this field is a placeholder and should be replaced with the generated value.
10. Return to the already opened Cloudformation template. Select the checkbox; I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources. Click Create stack.
11. When the CloudFormation Stack has a status of CREATE_COMPLETE, copy the FiretailRoleARN from the Outputs tab.
12. Return to the FireTail platform. Paste the copied value in the AWS role ARN field.
13. (Optional) Edit the Lambda event payload. This is the text and information that will be populated into Lambda when an alert is triggered. You can change the text and tokens in the payload. For more information and a list of all tokens, go to Dynamic variables.
14. Click Submit.
The integration is created and listed under the existing integrations tab You can now select this integration when you create an alert. Learn more about how to create an alert.