Specifications can be used to group information for an API. Create specifications on the FireTail platform to easily view inventory data for that API. To create a specification, upload a JSON or YAML file into the platform.
1. Navigate to APIs in the FireTail platform.
2. Select the API you want to create the specification for.
3. Click the Specifications tab.
4. Click Upload Specifications.
5. Enter a name for the specification.
6. Click Select File. Navigate to where you have your .json or .yml file saved and select that file.
7. Click Submit.
If you have successfully uploaded the specification, you are taken directly to the specifications page. If there is an error on the file, for example, if it is formatted incorrectly or missing required information then an error message is displayed indicating what the problem is.