FireTail is on a mission to secure the world’s APIs by making API security as simple as import, setup, done. We officially launched the company back in February 2022 with a passion for helping organizations secure their APIs as they grow their cloud presence. As of the beginning of December 2022, we are proud to have launched the first version of our platform into production and secured our first paying customers and channel relationships.
We believe API security is the evolution of cloud security. Our co-founders Jeremy and Riley come from deep experience in cloud security, including building and managing API-centric cloud-native applications. They first met in 2017 discussing cloud security, the importance of visibility, real-time inventory and configuration monitoring. Together, Jeremy and Riley conceived a vision to bring security into the modern open-source development model, aligning a simple code library to the most popular API frameworks.
After analyzing the root cause of known API breaches, FireTail engineered a hybrid approach to API security: an open source library that protects programmable interfaces with inline API call evaluation and blocking, and cloud-based API security posture management, centralized audit trail, and detection and response capabilities. We are the only company offering these capabilities together.
Most approaches to API security are based around network traffic analysis or WAFs; yet both of those approaches fail to stop the most common API attack vectors because the attacks look like normal traffic. Preventative security requires both a greater level of data visibility and also the ability to analyze calls individually and in real-time, not only in the aggregate. To help companies address all types of API attack vectors, FireTail’s platform is a two-part solution for API security:
- An open-source code library that application owners and developers can include to provide real-time inline API call inspection and preventive controls to block malicious API calls. The library can also log centrally to the FireTail cloud platform.
- The FireTail cloud platform includes API discovery and inventory, API security posture management, high-fidelity log-based detection algorithms, and digital forensics.
FireTail is working full steam ahead to continue providing the most comprehensive API security offering on the market. Our plans over the next 12 months include:
- Announce some exciting new$...
- Code library coverage for additional languages and additional serverless architectures
- Additional detections
- Coverage for additional cloud providers
- Expanded API security posture management capabilities
- Integrations with more security operations tools
Stay tuned for more FireTail updates!