Would you like to help scale an exciting, early-stage SaaS solution in the cybersecurity space? FireTail is looking for someone knowledgeable, persuasive and ambitious to join our fully-remote team as a contractor in the role of Technical Sales Representative. This role will be central to our growth plans and will provide the perfect accelerator for someone looking to take the next step in their commercial career across ANZ and the broader APAC region.
APIs are everywhere. They are the connective tissue that drive our digital lives and existing approaches to API security just don’t cut it. At FireTail, we’re on a mission to secure the world’s API’s with an end-to-end API security platform that provides application layer visibility, real-time, inline inspection and blocking of malicious API calls. We’ve engineered a unique, hybrid approach that combines open source code libraries and a feature-packed SaaS platform to bridge the gap between developers and security teams. FireTail is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with additional offices in Dublin, Ireland and Helsinki, Finland. We are backed by leading investors, including Paladin Capital, Zscaler, General Advance and SecureOctane.
This role is ideally suited to an ambitious technically-capable sales professional with a proven record of success in cybersecurity. You’ll be a highly-organized, self-starter with the ability to hit targets and win business. We’re looking for someone who can help deliver meetings and demos - identifying, contacting and building relationships with the types of organization who can benefit most from our platform.
You will be responsible for identifying potential customers, generating new business opportunities, and managing leads through the sales pipeline. You will work closely with the sales team to ensure a steady stream of relevant and qualified opportunities and demos.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a proven track record of success in sales. This role is particularly well suited to a sales engineer looking to move into a more commercial role, taking on closing and deal management responsibilities. If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for sales, we encourage you to apply.
As a Technical Sales Representative, your responsibilities will include:
- Presenting to potential customers and generating new business opportunities for the company. You will be responsible for the entire sales process for prospects in the Asia-Pacific region (APAC). This includes the current FireTail pipeline that has prospects across ANZ, Singapore, South Korea and Japan.
- Delivering product demonstrations and answering technical questions.
- Contacting and qualifying potential customers.
- Managing leads through the sales pipeline by setting appointments, following up on leads, and tracking progress towards meeting sales goals.
- Assist with and support in person/virtual events as required.
- Track data accuracy in customer databases and in budgets.
- Analyze Hubspot dashboards and pipeline to advise opportunities or issues. Build campaigns in Hubspot.
- Working with the Director of Marketing, Customer Success and Business Development Representative in management and delivery of new customer acquisition.
Key Requirements & Skills
- 2+ years of experience in business development for a cybersecurity, cloud, or enterprise software (B2B) vendor.
- A track record of success in sales and customer development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Independence. This will be a fully remote position.
- Strong and enthusiastic team player with a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Great problem solver: ability to grasp difficult concepts easily.
- Technical skills, including understanding of key cloud security
- Aptitude for learning and including new software platforms.
- Self-starter; resourceful & ability to adapt quickly to changing environment.
- Accountability and personal organization are essential.
- Knowledge of APIs and API security is a distinct advantage.
- BA/BS degree or relevant professional qualification.
Benefits and Perks
- A work environment that supports growth, development, learning and most importantly, it encourages you to have fun
- Competitive base salary plus attractive uncapped commission structure
- Equity via stock options
- Health insurance
- Pension contribution
- Working space allowance/home office budget
- Paid Annual Leave and Holidays
We offer the opportunity to work remotely mostly anywhere in Australia with occasional team meetings in-person to do reviews, planning and to collaborate. This is a contract-to-hire position, initially to be contracted for a 4-6 month period. Travel and related expenses paid by the company. Travel across the sales territory is likely to be required on a frequent basis. Please note that we can only accept applications authorized to work in their respective location. Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. No agencies or recruiters submissions will be considered.