To set up a Slack webhook integration, you first need to create a relevant channel in Slack. For information on how to create a channel in Slack go to the Slack help center.
When the channel is created, you need to create an app in Slack.
1. In Slack, navigate to Manage apps. The manage apps page opens in a new tab.
2. In the top right, click Build.
3. Click Create New App.
4. Select to create an app From Scratch.
5. Enter a name for the App and select the appropriate workspace from the dropdown. Click Create App.
6. Click Incoming Webhooks.
7. Toggle on to activate incoming webhooks.
8. Click Add New Webhook to Workspace.
9. Select the appropriate channel from the dropdown. Click Allow.
When you have the app created and copied the URL, return to the FireTail platform and complete the integration:
A test message is immediately sent to the Slack channel.
When the integration has been set up, you can then create alerts.